- Birth Date
- 20 February 1862
- Death Date
- 11 September 1866
The Crane family arrived in New York on 5 July 1866 via the ship American Congress. According to the ship roster, eight of their children made the overseas journey with John and Sarah. Though the Thompson company records only list heads of household, it also records that John purchased 8 adult food rations, inferring that the family continued on together for the overland journey as well.
- Age at Departure: 4
- Died en Route
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- Crane, Henry, Transcription of journal. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Henry Crane in Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 19, 409-410.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Trains Got In," Deseret News, 3 October 1866, 6.