- Birth Date
- 16 July 1824
- Death Date
- 14 November 1892
William Henry Sutcliff Hodgson
The Hodgson family (Henry and Mary Hodgson and 9 children--two of which born on the ship) all traveled overseas on the ship Arkwright, arriving in New York on 6 July 1866. Though only the heads of household are listed on the overland company's record, the number of adult rations of food purchased by John is a good indication that all of the family members that made the trip by sea, also traveled together in the overland company. This is confirmed by PEF records as well.
Most records show he went by his middle name of Henry.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Esshom, Frank. Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 937.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Account 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 356.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.