- Birth Date
- 24 August 1806
- Death Date
- 22 December 1889
Jane Jenkins Howe Williams
Jane, her husband and grandson, arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. On the overland company records, only her husband is listed, as head of household, but the notation that he purchased 5 1/2 adult food rations for the overland journey indicates that she and her grandson were with him for that portion of the trip as well. A secondary history indicates that William was given care of two single women, Rachael Gibbs and Eliza Davies, during the journey to Zion, which would account for some of the extra food rations.
Death records are in the married name of Davis.
- Age at Departure: 59
- Biography of William Robert Johns.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Deaths," Deseret News, 4 January 1890, .
- "Jane Anne Jenkins Howe," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.