- Birth Date
- 4 March 1822
- Death Date
- 24 September 1866
John's name is seen on the Deseret News report of the company, but not the handwritten roster. This is possibly because he was hired on to drive team during the journey so his name was recorded amongst the teamsters, rather than the immigrants. John died on 24 September and was buried after the wagon train arrived in the city.
The PEF record was written in his wife Hannah's name.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Captain John D. Holladay, accounts, 1866.
- Driver, William, "London to Salt Lake City in 1867," ed. Frank Driver Reeve, New Mexico Historical Review, January 1942, 37-63.
- "Got in," Deseret News, 3 October 1866, 349.
- "Passenger List," Deseret News, 19 September 1866, 333.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 327.