- Birth Date
- 5 May 1849
- Death Date
- 20 March 1939
Sarah Jane Allgood
Daughter of Lucy Platts Allgood. Lucy and her children crossed the ocean by way of the ship General McClellan. They continued their journey westward as part of the 1864 Rawlins Company.
Her name was written in Perpetual Emigrating Fund records as "Jane." Her married surname, as written in census records and on her death certificate, was "Beech." Her death certificate also confirms her birth date and death date.
Sarah Jane's obituary mentions her travel to Utah with her mother and brothers.
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 253.
- “Resident Dies,” Salt Lake Telegram, 21 March 1939, 22
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Sarah Jane Allgood," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- “State Pioneer Resident Dies,” Salt Lake Telegram, 21 March 1939, 22.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.