- Birth Date
- 28 August 1812
- Death Date
- 2 June 1869
Barnabas Lathrop Adams
Barnabas Lathrop Adams was a member of the 4th Quorum of Seventies, according to Rockwood's journal. He was part of the 2nd company of ten, led by Ezra Taft Benson. Thomas Bullock recorded that Barnabas was one of the fifty men called to be part of the Night Guard.
Barnabas also traveled in the Willard Richards 1848 company with his wife, Julia, and daughter Julia Thankful. He served in the company as a Captain of the Second Fifty.
His birth date and death date are confirmed by Utah death records. His obituary claims that he died of a sudden pain in his chest.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Campbell, Robert L., [Journal extracts, 30 June-19 Oct. 1848], in Historian's Office, Journal 1844-1997.
- Curtis, Joseph, "History of Joseph Curtis, 1818-1883," 6-9.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Homer Duncan autobiographical sketch, circa 1900, 23-27. Annotations reflected in this transcript were created by Andrew Jenson.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- John Brown reminiscences and journals, 1843-1896, Volume 1, 1843 May-1860 April, 109-13.
- Joseph Curtis reminiscences and diary, 1839 October-1881 March, 72-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 17.
- Millen Atwood journal, 1847 April-July.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Rollins, James H., Sketches from camp journal of Pres. Amasa Lyman's Company [24 July 1848 report], in George Albert Smith, Papers, 1834-1882, box 4, fd. 11.
- "Sudden Demise," Deseret News, 9 June 1869, .
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.