- Birth Date
- 18 April 1850
- Death Date
- 19 December 1913
Alma Thornton Myers
Son of Abraham and Sarah Myers. The Myers family emigrated from England by way of the ship General McClellan. Their westward journey then continued as part of the 1864 Rawlins Company. His name is listed as "Alina Myers" on the 1864 General McClellan ship register.
Alma's birth date and death date are confirmed by his death certificate.
The Wellsville Ward financial records confirm that he was traveling in the same company with his parents.
- Age at Departure: 14
- 1870 Utah Census.
- England and Wales Census, 1861.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- "Wellsville Ward, Persons Who Emigrated by P.E.F. Belonging to this Ward," Wellsville Ward financial records, 1859-1882, Volume 1:85-90.