- Birth Date
- 4 February 1823
- Death Date
- 29 April 1853
Rodney held the office of Elder and was part of the 14th company of ten. Upon reaching Green River, he ventured back to help guide oncoming companies. He joined his family in the Grant-Snow company and traveled to Salt Lake Valley with them.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of Members.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- William A. Empey, "The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," edited by Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming (July-October 1949), 124-33.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.