- Birth Date
- 4 February 1823
- Death Date
- 29 April 1853
Rodney held the office of Elder and was part of the 14th company of ten. Upon reaching Green River, he ventured back to help guide oncoming companies. He joined his family in the Grant-Snow company and traveled to Salt Lake Valley with them.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878: Major Howard Egan's Diary, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "The Utah Pioneers," Deseret Weekly, 25 August 1894, 294.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- William A. Empey, "The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," edited by Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming (July-October 1949), 124-33.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.