- Birth Date
- 21 October 1816
- Death Date
- 2 March 1868
Captain of Third company
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- A Sketch of the Life of Nancy Aretta Porter Mattice, 1-4. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Campbell, Robert L., [Journal extracts, 30 June-19 Oct. 1848], in Historian's Office, Journal 1844-1997.
- Caroline B. Crosby, Journal, 1848 May 10-1853 February 7, 7-24, in Caroline Barnes Crosby papers, 1848-1882, in Jonathan Crosby and Caroline B. Crosby papers, 1848-1882.
- Curtis, Joseph, "History of Joseph Curtis, 1818-1883," 6-9.
- John Brown reminiscences and journals, 1843-1896, Volume 1, 1843 May-1860 April, 109-13.
- Joseph Curtis reminiscences and diary, 1839 October-1881 March, 72-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 17, 18.
- Porter, Sarah Angeline, Reminiscence, 1-4.
- Rollins, James H., Sketches from camp journal of Pres. Amasa Lyman's Company [24 July 1848 report], in George Albert Smith, Papers, 1834-1882, box 4, fd. 11.