- Birth Date
- 23 March 1842
- Death Date
- 11 May 1900
Samuel Lindsey Sprague Jr.
The Sprague family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Brigham Young Company in 1848. The family consisted of Samuel Lindsey and Mary Woodward and their son, Samuel Lindsey, Jr. Samuel Sr. served as the physician for the camp.
Samuel Jr. traveled with the Heber P. Kimball division of the Joseph W. Young/Ansil P. Harmon/Heber P. Kimball Company in 1861.
In 1866, Samuel Jr. traveled home at the end of a mission with the Joseph S. Rawlins Company. His name appears as “L. Sprague” on the roster.
In some documents his middle name is spelled "Lindsay."
- Age at Departure: 6
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 24
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News [Weekly], 3 Oct. 1866, 350-51.
- Lund, Anthon H. Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- "Samuel L. Sprague Dead," Deseret Evening News , 12 May 1900, 1.
- Zebulon Jacobs reminiscences and diaries, 1861-1877, folder 1.