- Birth Date
- 31 March 1858
- Death Date
- 6 February 1946
Caroline Rachel Wakefield
Caroline Rachel sailed on the American Congress in 1866 with her mother Caroline; mother died of consumption in 1866 and was buried on the banks of the Missouri River; her father had remained in England; she traveled with Sam Bullock; upon her arrival in Salt Lake she was placed in the care of persons named Pascoe.
Her given name is "Mary" on the 1866 American Congress manifest.
- Age at Departure: 8
- Blair, William Moroni, William M. Blair reminiscences and journal, 1931-1933, [1-4].
- Fitt, Caroline Rachel Wakefield, [Autobiography], in Chronicles of Courage , 8 vols. [1990-97], 4:83.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News [Weekly], 3 Oct. 1866, 350-51.
- Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude, vol. 4, p. 3226
- "Tells of Death of Pioneer Woman and of Motherless Girl," Deseret Evening News , 19 Mar. 1921, 4:8.