- Birth Date
- 25 July 1827
- Death Date
- 2 December 1896
George Pierce Billings
George Pierce Billings was part of the 9th Company of Ten led by Heber C. Kimball. According to Albert P. Rockwood's journal, George was a Seventy in an organized quorum. Shortly after arriving, he returned to Winter Quarters because he is seen crossing the plains a second time in 1848. He and at least some of his family are documented in the 1857 Loveland company returning to the Valley from California.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Daniel Davis diaries, 1846-1892, Journal, 1846 May-1889 January, 90-101.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- History of Sanpete County, p. 103
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 Jan., 110-15.
- Joseph G. Hovey papers, 1845-1856, circa 1933, Autobiography, 1845-1856, 130-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 13.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 103
- "Obituary," Manti Messenger, 4 December 1896, .
- Richards, Henry Phinehas, Diary, fd. 3, in Papers, 1854-1900.
- Snow, Eunice Billings, "Sketches from the Life of Eunice Billings Snow," Woman's Exponent , Mid-winter Number, 1912, 47-48.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.