- Birth Date
- 25 January 1827
- Death Date
- 20 December 1906
George Washington Brown
He is the son of Nathaniel and Avis Hill Brown. He traveled in the 1847 Brigham Young Company and was part of the 2nd Company of Ten led by Ezra Taft Benson. His birth date and death date are confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Brown, George W., Biographical sketch.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Thomas Bullock correspondence and papers, 1837-1857.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- William A. Empey, "The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," edited by Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming (July-October 1949), 124-33.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.