- Birth Date
- 11 April 1846
- Death Date
- 10 December 1908
Charles L. Anderson
His biographical sketch in the Scandinavian Jubilee Album indicates that he initially traveled to the Valley in 1862. It is likely that he was traveling with other family members, but further research is needed to confirm that and to identify the company they would have traveled with.
Charles is seen crossing the plains again in 1866, this time as a teamster sent from Tooele for Chipman's out-and-back company.
Date of birth confirmed by Grantsville Ward records at the time of his re-baptism in October 1862.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- California, Death Index, 1905-1939.
- “Captain Henry Chipman Co., 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book, 1866, 1868. (CR 376 8; Box 2; Folder 17; File 6-7, 55-58)
- "Charles L. Anderson Dies in California." Salt Lake Tribune, 13 December 1908, 28.
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Grantsville Ward, Record of Members. (CR 375 8, Reel 2619)
- Lund, Anthon H. Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).