- Birth Date
- 6 December 1812
- Death Date
- 22 October 1894
More research is needed to confirm James's date of birth. A possible christening record suggests that James was born sometime before 6 December 1812. However, the 1851 Census indicates that James was born sometime between 1814-1815. Also, James's obituary in the Davis County Clipper states that James was born 5 March 1814. At this time, the possible christening date will be used for James's birth date.
- Age at Departure: 53
- Head of Household
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- "Death Parts An Old Couple," Davis County Clipper, 25 October 1894, 4.
- "Died: Barnett," Salt Lake Herald, 14 November 1894, 7.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 310.