- Birth Date
- 7 June 1832
- Death Date
- 2 April 1895
Niels Fredrik Blomquist
In the 1860 federal census Niels is "Nelson Blumfist," a shoemaker of Chicago, Illinois (several of his children were born here.) His surname is "Blanquist" in Deseret News roster of the 1866 Chipman pioneer company. A son (George J. A. Bolmquist) was born at Salt Lake City on 10 April 1868 and died here on 29 September 1869. In the 1870 Utah census he is "Nelse Blonmquine," shoemaker of the Salt Lake City 13th Ward. He is N. F. Blomquist, boot & shoemaker, in the Salt Lake City Directory of 1874. At the time of the 1880 federal census he was living with his wife Marie and five of their children in Seattle, Washington and still making shoes. He is buried at Billingham, Washington.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Head of Household
- 1860 Illinois Census.
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake City.
- 1880 Washington Census.
- Gazetteer of Utah and Salt Lake City Directory, 1874.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 310.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.