- Birth Date
- 22 June 1826
- Death Date
- 16 September 1909
John Daniel Holladay
- He was baptized in Salt Lake City on 8 August 1847.
e first came to the Valley the summer of 1847. After that time he made the journey from California or across the plains several times, even captaining his own out-and-back train in 1866. In the unknown 1857 trip, he and his family was traveling east from California. Further research is needed to identify the company they traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 40
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Another Pioneer Answers Last Call," Deseret Evening News, 24 Sep. 1909, 12.
- Brown, John, Reminiscences and journals, 1843-1896, volume 1, 109-13.
- Brown, John Zimmerman, comp. Autobiography of Pioneer John Brown, 1820-1896 (Salt Lake City, 1941), 100.
- Denney, Charles, Reminiscences and diary, 1875 Jan.-1883 Apr., 14-25.
- “John Brown's company of 10, report, 1848 June.” In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849.
- "John Daniel Holladay," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- “Mississippi company, report, 1848 May.” In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849
- "Passenger List," Deseret News, 19 September 1866, 333. (Roster)
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- White, Thomas H., "Biography of Thomas Henry White: Written, In Part, by Himself, Finished by His Daughter, Lucy Agness Pace."