- Birth Date
- 17 October 1830
- Death Date
- 4 February 1917
The family sailed to America in 1865 on the ship Belle Wood.
His birth date is confirmed by Lehi Ward records at the time of his rebaptism on 21 May 1867.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 816.
- Lehi Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Missionary Database
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 311.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 326.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Somerset, England, Church of England Baptisms, 1813-1914
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.