- Birth Date
- 19 April 1850
- Death Date
- 24 September 1925
David was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under his father Thomas Dowding.
- Age at Departure: 16
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- "D. L. Dowding, Pioneer, Dies at Sugarhouse," Salt Lake Telegram, 25 Sep. 1925, 2.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 846-847.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 312.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.