- Birth Date
- 3 April 1858
- Death Date
- 11 December 1918
Louisa was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under her father Thomas Dowding.
More research is needed concerning Louisa's date of birth as secondary sources and indirect evidence are inconsistent. At this time, the birth date listed reflects family tradition from Family Tree at FamilySearch.org. However, there is a possibility that Louisa was born in 1859 as she was two years old in the 1861 England Census, and a possible entry in the England and Wales, Civil Registration Index was located for her in April-June 1859.
- Age at Departure: 8
- 1861, England Census.
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 312.
- Utah Death Certificates.