- Birth Date
- 1 July 1817
- Death Date
- 2 February 1890
More research is needed to confirm the exact day of Thomas's birth. Month and year of birth are confirmed by West Jordan Ward records. Death date listed reflects information from Thomas's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- "Deaths," Deseret Evening News, 29 March 1890, 3.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 846-847.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 312.
- West Jordan Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.
- Wiltshire, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1916