- Birth Date
- 14 September 1850
- Death Date
- 1 January 1927
Joseph was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under his father William Draper.
There is some inconsistency concerning Joseph's date of birth. Joseph's christening record and the 1851 England Census, state and indicate that Joseph was born 14 September 1850. However, Joseph's birth was registered in the October -- December 1850 quarter, which indicates he may or may not have been born in September. Other secondary sources state he was born in November 1850. At this time, the September date from the christening record will be used.
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- “Joseph Draper, Talmage Pioneer, Dead," Duschesne Courier, 7 January 1927, 1.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- New York State Census, 1865
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 312.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.
- Wiltshire, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1916