- Birth Date
- 22 April 1848
- Death Date
- 9 May 1926
Josiah was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under his father William Draper.
An entry in the "England and Wales Birth Registration Index" at FamilySearch.org supports family tradition that Josiah was born 22 April 1848.
- Age at Departure: 18
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1920 United States Federal Census
- Canada Census, 1901
- Canada Census, 1911
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- England and Wales Census, 1861.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- New York State Census, 1865
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 312.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.