- Birth Date
- 30 December 1848
- Death Date
- 31 August 1936
Emma was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under her father William Garner.
More research is needed concerning Emma's date of birth. Secondary records give conflicting information. Emma's death certificate states that she was born December 1848. While the 1900 Census states December 1849. However, indirect records support the 1848 date. The date listed above reflects information from her death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 17
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- 1920 United States Federal Census
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 314.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.