- Birth Date
- 16 December 1856
- Death Date
- 2 January 1932
John G. Jones
John was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under his father, John J. Jones.
More research is needed to confirm John's date of birth as secondary sources contain inconsistencies. At this time, the birth date given (16 December 1856) in the Lehi Ward records at the time of John's re-baptism on 8 December 1866 will be used.
- Age at Departure: 9
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- "Beaver Sheepman Victim of Stroke At His Home Sat." Milford News, 7 January 1932, 1.
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Lehi Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3599.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 316.
- Utah Death Certificates.