- Birth Date
- 12 February 1836
- Death Date
- 9 May 1907
John J. Jones
The company roster in William Chipman's notebook lists two different men named John Jones. It is believed that the two John's listed refer to "John J Jones" (1836-1907), and "John Roderick Jones" (1834-1911). However, it is difficult to know which entry refers to which John Jones, as the roster indicates that both John's have extra people in their traveling group then has been accounted for at this time.
Birth date confirmed by Lehi Ward records at the time of John's re-baptism (8 December 1866). Death date confirmed by probate record.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- "John J. Jones," Lehi Banner, 9 May 1907, 1.
- Lehi Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3599.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 316.
- Utah, Wills and Probate Records, 1800-1985.