- Birth Date
- 28 February 1834
- Death Date
- 5 May 1911
John Roderick Jones
The company roster in William Chipman's notebook lists two different men named John Jones. It is believed that the two John's listed refer to "John J Jones" (1836-1907), and "John Roderick Jones" (1834-1911). However, it is difficult to know which entry refers to which John Jones, as the roster indicates that both John's have extra people in their traveling group then has been accounted for at this time.
More research is needed to confirm John's date of birth. An entry in the "Wales Births and Baptisms, 1541-1907," collection on FamilySearch, states that John was born 28 February 1834. However, Lehi Ward records at the time of John's re-baptism (8 December 1866) state that he was born 1 March 1834.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Lehi Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3599.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 317.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Wales Births and Baptisms, 1541-1907.