- Birth Date
- 5 August 1858
- Death Date
- 23 September 1889
Birth date confirmed by Millcreek Ward records at the time of baptism on 28 October 1866.
Joseph was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under his father William Leek.
More research is needed concerning Joseph's date of death. It is interesting to note that an entry was located for a "Joseph Leek" in the Salt Lake Herald (11 October 1888), which states that he was committed to the Provo Asylum. Death date listed above reflects family tradition from Family Tree at FamilySearch.org.
- Age at Departure: 7
- 1861 Wales Census.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- "Local Briefs, " Salt Lake Herald, 11 October 1888, 8.
- Millcreek Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 318.