- Birth Date
- 6 February 1839
- Death Date
- 21 March 1889
In general, indirect evidence supports family tradition from Family Tree at FamilySearch.org that Jabez was born 6 February 1839. However, more research is needed.
A possible death entry was located for Jabez. The original record should be examined and more research should be completed.
Jabez emigrated to the United States in 1855 with his family when he was 16. The sailed on the ship Emerald Isle.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 United States Census
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- New York, New York City Municipal Deaths, 1795-1949.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 319.