- Birth Date
- 28 July 1818
- Death Date
- 18 November 1905
Benjamin Franklin Johnson
The Johnson family included Benjamin Franklin Johnson and his wife Melissa Bloomfield, their children Benjamin Franklin Jr., Melissa, Julia Dedamia, and Esther Melita, Benjamin's 2nd wife Flora Clarinda Gleason and their daughter Huetta Clarinda (Flora Clarinda and her daughter traveled in the Joel H. johnson wagon and under the name "Gleeson." See the camp of Israel schedules and reports. As such, they are not grouped with Joel H. Johnson's family in the database), and Benjamin's 3rd wife Mary Ann Hale. Also traveling in the company was Benjamin’s brother Joel and his family.
In 1855 Benjamin was a missionary returning from the Sandwich Islands (Hawaii).
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 36
- Benjamin F. Johnson, My Life's Review (Independence: Zion's Printing & Publ. Co., 1947), 121-23.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave
- Johnson, Benjamin F., "My Life's Review," 192-96.
- Phinehas Richards, Diary, 1837 April-1871 March, Phinehas Richards papers, 1837-1874 in Richards family collection, 1837-1961.
- Pioneer emigration list 1847-1848, 117, in Docket book 1844 Feb.-1845 May.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.