- Birth Date
- 8 January 1849
- Death Date
- 30 October 1928
Frederick was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under his father John Richan.
It is believed that Frederick was born 8 January 1849. The 1900 Census, Pleasant Grove Ward records, and an entry in the "England and Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index," support the aforementioned date. However, more research will have to be completed as an entry in the collection, "England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975" lists 18 February 1848 as the birth date.
- Age at Departure: 17
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- California Death Index, 1905-1939.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 322.
- Pleasant Grove Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.