- Birth Date
- 24 November 1820
- Death Date
- 29 September 1890
The Mormon Migration Database lists Rachel as a widow and also lists her with a William and George Seaman (most likely her sons). However, the roster in William Chipman's Notebook indicates that she traveled across the plains alone.
More research is needed concerning Rachel's date of birth. The date listed reflects family tradition from Family Tree on FamilySearch.org and data from indirect evidence.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Head of Household
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald, 1 October 1890, 7.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 324.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- Utah, Wills and Probate Records, 1800-1985.