- Birth Date
- 23 March 1802
- Death Date
- 24 September 1882
Joel Hills Johnson
The Johnson Family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Willard Richards Company in 1848. The Johnson family included Joel Hill and his wives and children. Also traveling in the company was Joel’s brother Benjamin Franklin and his wives and children. According the Camp of Israel schedules and reports, his sister-in-law, Flora Clarinda Gleason (Johnson) and her daughter, Huetta Clarinda (both listed as Clarinda "Gleseon" on the reports), were assigned to and traveled in Joel's wagon. As such, they are grouped with Joel and his family in the database.
In 1860, he went to help more of the Saints travel west.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 58
- Budge, William, to George Q. Cannon, 3 Aug. 1860, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 37, box 27, fd. 9.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Johnson, Benjamin F., My Life's Review , 121-23.
- Johnson, Joel H., Autobiographical sketch, in St. George Stake, High Priest Quorum Genealogical Records, 1872-1906, reel 6039, 56, in Record of Members Collection 1836-1970.
- Johnson, Joel Hills, [Autobiography], in A Voice From the Mountains: Life and Works of Joel Hills Johnson , 134-38.
- Johnson, Joel Hills, A Journal or sketch of the life of Joel H. Johnson [ca. 1857]-1859, in Joel Edward Ricks, Cache Valley Historical Material [ca. 1955], reel 4, item 67, 20.
- Johnson, Joel Hills, Reminiscences and journals, 1835-1882, in Library of Congress, Collection of Mormon diaries [1935-1938], reel 12, item 12, 21-29.
- Johnson, Joel Hills, Reminiscences and journals, 1835-1882, reel 1, fd. 2, 27-33.
- Johnson, Nephi, [Autobiography], in A Voice From the Mountains: Life and Works of Joel Hills Johnson , 250.
- Johnson, Seth E., Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1922], .
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 19.
- Pioneer Pathways 5 (2002): 96
- Pioneer emigration list 1847-1848, 118, in Docket book 1844 Feb.-1845 May.
- Richards, Phinehas, Diary, in Richards Family, Collection, reel 16, box 13, fd. 10.