- Birth Date
- 3 July 1822
- Death Date
- 29 October 1904
Ellen was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under her husband Richard Smith.
Birth date confirmed by Millcreek Ward records at the time of her re-baptism on 31 May 1868. More research is needed in order to confirm Helen's correct date of death. Information from Helen's headstone and an entry in the "Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries," collection at FamilySearch.org are inconsistent. At this time, death information given by family tradition at Family Tree on FamilySearch.org will be used.
- Age at Departure: 44
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1169.
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- Logan 1st Ward, Record of Members. (CR 375 8, Reel 3733)
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.