- Birth Date
- 5 November 1852
- Death Date
- 2 February 1923
Her surname is spelled "Triplit" of the ship Caroline manifest.
Martha was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under her father George Triplett.
More research is needed concerning Martha's date of birth as census records state and imply that she was born sometime between 1851 and 1853. Birth date listed reflects family tradition and data from Martha's death certificate and obituary.
- Age at Departure: 13
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- "Death Summons Woman Pioneer," Salt Lake Telegram, 2 February 1923, 2.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 325.
- Utah Death Certificates.