- Birth Date
- 23 September 1848
- Death Date
- 3 March 1919
Although several sources state that James Young was born 23 September 1848 including the 1900 U.S. Census, and Young's death certificate, more research is needed concerning his date of birth. Some indirect and secondary sources state and imply that he was born in 1849. A probable entry of christening was identified for James. However, the source is not the original, and it does not include a date of birth.
- Age at Departure: 17
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Esshom, Frank Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1270.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- "Utah Pioneer Dies at Brigham City," Salt Lake Telegram , 4 Mar. 1919, .