- Birth Date
- 6 March 1839
- Death Date
- 22 December 1927
Seth Johnson Sr.
The Johnson Family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Willard Richards Company in 1848. The Johnson family included Joel Hill and his children from his first marriage Sixtus Ellis, Sariah Anna, Seth Guernsey, and Nephi Johnson, and his two wives Susan Bryant and Janette Fife. Also traveling in the company was Joel’s brother Benjamin Franklin and his wives and children.
In 1861, he assisted his brother's company as a Sergeant of Guard and Captain of Ten.
In 1863, he may have been an out-and-back teamster or traveling on a Church assignment. Evidence from Church records (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) proves he traveled to Utah in 1863.
Seth's death date is confirmed by is death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 9
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 24
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- Find a Grave
- Johnson, Seth E., Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1922], -16.
- Johnson, Sixtus Ellis, [Journal], in David Ellis Johnson, comp., Leaves from the Family Tree of Sixtus Ellis Johnson , 121-42.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 19.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- "Pioneer Trail Blazer Dies at Cannonville," Washington County News, 2 February 1928, 2.
- Pioneer emigration list 1847-1848, 118, in Docket book 1844 Feb.-1845 May.
- Seth E. Johnson autobiographical sketch, circa 1922.
- Sixtus E. Johnson Emigrating Company journal, 1861 July-September.