- Birth Date
- 13 September 1829
- Death Date
- 12 September 1887
Leonard Gurley Rice
Leonard initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company in 1849. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
After serving a mission in Europe, he was asked to help immigrants across the plains and served as Captain of the Leonard G. Rice Company in 1867.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 37
- Company Captain
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Charles K. Hansen record, circa 1917, 91-96.
- "Death of L. G. Rice," Deseret Evening News, 14 September 1886, 3.
- Eccles, Bertha Marie Jensen, Incidents in the life of Christian Jensen, 1933, 9, 11.
- Farmington Ward manuscript history and historical reports, 1849-1951.
- Fifteenth Ward, Record of Members.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Fox, Ruth May, "My Story," 11-13. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Fox, Ruth May, Letter, in "A Sketch of Grandfather Ira Rice."
- Hansen, Charles Keilgaard, Reminiscences [ca. 1917]
- Hansen, Jens, Diary, in Geneva Frost Gilbert, comp., Our Danish Heritage and Our Temple Work on the Peter Frost Family, 1899-June 1987 , 54.
- Jensen, Jens Iver, "Biographical sketch of the life of Jens Iver Jensen," 7.
- Jensen, Karen Pedersen, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 2:147.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Nielson, Carl Hendrick, History of Charles Henry Nielson, 1-2.
- Record of Deaths in Salt Lake City, 1848-1890
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database
- William Gibson journals and notebooks, circa 1841-1890, vol. 2, 73-74 and vol. 3, 198.
- Winters, Johanna Larsen, [Autobiography], in Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 11:61-64 and ibid.,16:471.
- Winters, Johanna Larsen, Reminiscences, 3-8. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Young, Brigham, Jr., Journal Nov. 1866-Dec. 1867, vol. 8, box 2, fd. 1.