- Birth Date
- 18 December 1836
- Death Date
- 11 April 1903
Brigham Young Jr.
Brigham initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
At the end of a mission to England, he traveled home with his wife, two children, and two brothers in the Leonard G. Rice Company in 1867.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 30
- Returning Missionary
- Charles K. Hansen record, circa 1917, 91-96.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Fox, Ruth May, "From England to Salt Lake Valley in 1867," Improvement Era , July 1935, 408-9, 450.
- Fox, Ruth May, [Reminiscences], in Our Pioneer Heritage,20 vols. [1958-77], 7:342-44.
- Hansen, Charles Keilgaard, Reminiscences [ca. 1917]
- Hansen, Jens, Diary, in Geneva Frost Gilbert, comp., Our Danish Heritage and Our Temple Work on the Peter Frost Family, 1899-June 1987 , 54.
- "Karen Camilla Sorenson Moller," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Sangiovanni, G.G.R., "Overland Trips Across the American Desert," Young Woman's Journal Aug. 1912, 428-29.
- William Gibson journals and notebooks, circa 1841-1890, vol. 2, 73-74 and vol. 3, 198.
- Winters, Johanna Larsen, [Autobiography], in Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 11:61-64 and ibid.,16:471.
- Winters, Johanna Larsen, Reminiscences, 3-8. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Young, Brigham, Jr., Journal Nov. 1866-Dec. 1867, vol. 8, box 2, fd. 1.