- Birth Date
- 30 July 1788
- Death Date
- 26 March 1862
Solomon made two trips to the valley, first in 1847 with Brigham Young's company, in which he was part of the 11th Company of Ten led by John S. Higbee. He then returned to Winter Quarters after only a month in the Valley, to collect his family. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company he returned with in 1848.
His death date is confirmed by his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 58
- Age at Departure: 59
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- "Died," Deseret News, 16 April 1862, 336.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- John S. Higbee reminiscences and diaries, 1845-1866. Transcriptions from volumes 1 and 2.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Solomon Chamberlin autobiography, circa 1858.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.