- Birth Date
- 22 October 1814
- Death Date
- 9 August 1884
Alexander Philip Chesley
Alexander initially traveled in the 1847 Brigham Young Company and was part of the 14th Company of Ten led by Joseph Matthews. He then returned to Iowa to get his family and they may have traveled with the Benjamin Gardner Company (1852).
He returned to America from a mission to Australia in 1858 on The Vaquero Ship.
At some point, he must have returned to Australia because his death records are located there. His name is written "Philip A. Chesley" in the Australia Death index.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 43
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- Australia, Death Index, 1787-1985.
- Gardner, Benjamin, Notebook 1851-1862.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.