- Birth Date
- 17 July 1814
- Death Date
- 4 December 1879
He served as the Clerk of the Company during his journey to Utah with the 1848 Heber C. Kimball Company.
In 1853 he was a returning missionary on the ship Camillus and and traveled to Utah with the John Brown Company.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- Ruth Clayton (Age: 30)
- Margaret Clayton (Age: 28)
- Diantha Clayton (Age: 19)
- Sarah Lucretia Clayton (Age: 10)
- Margaret Normandy Clayton (Age: 9)
- William Heber Clayton (Age: 5)
- Vilate Ruth Clayton (Age: 3)
- Moroni Clayton (Age: 2)
- Joseph Thomas Clayton (Age: 1)
- Newell Horace Clayton (Age: 1)
- Olive Diantha Clayton (Age: Infant)
- Age at Departure: 38
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball, Autobiography, circa 1842-1858, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 17 July 1853, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 11.
- Levi Jackman journal, 1847 March-1849 April, 35-59.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Philo Johnson reminiscences, 1890, 1894, 1941; 1894, 3-4.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Thomas Bullock correspondence and papers, 1837-1857.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William A. Empey, "The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," edited by Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming (July-October 1949), 124-33.
- William Burton papers, circa 1837-1851, Journal, Volume 11, 1848 June-July.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.