- Birth Date
- 23 December 1849
- Death Date
- 20 May 1928
Sarah Sophia Smart
Sarah Sophia Gittins
Although not directly listed in the memorandum book, James (Sarah's father) purchased enough food rations for five people. The Wellsville Ward record confirms that she was traveling in that same company with her parents. According to New York passenger lists, the Gittins' traveled from Liverpool to New York aboard the Colorado, arriving 28 July 1868.
- Age at Departure: 18
- “Captain D. D. McArthur memorandum book, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Mrs. Hannah G. Somerville Beloved Pioneer Woman Dies; Funeral Being Held Today," The Grand Valley Times, 19 April 1918, 1.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Pioneer Pathways, vol. 4, p. 313
- "Wellsville Ward, Persons Who Emigrated by P.E.F. Belonging to this Ward," Wellsville Ward financial records, 1859-1882, Volume 1:85-90.