- Birth Date
- 25 December 1812
- Death Date
- 27 December 1870
Andrew first came to the Valley from California as discharged member of the Mormon Battalion. In that eastbound company, he served as 2nd lieutenant. He continued on to Winter Quarters to collect his family. They returned to the Valley together the following year with the Willard Richards company.
Andrew's date of birth was listed as 25 December 1812 in "John Brown's company of 10, report, 1848 June." In some sources his birth year is recorded as 1813. His first name may have been George.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1870 California Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Eleventh Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Find a Grave
- James Pace, Diary, 1846 July-1847 October, 53-66.
- John Brown's company of 10, report, 1848 June.
- John M. King diaries, 1845-1850, Diary, 1847 May-November.
- John Zimmerman Brown, comp., Autobiography of Pioneer John Brown, 1820-1896 (Salt Lake City, 1941), 100.
- Levi W. Hancock papers, 1832-1878, Journal, 1846 September-1847 October.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 180.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 4, 380.
- Reddick N. Allred autobiographical sketch and diary, 1898-1903, 21-23.
- Robert S. Bliss diary, 1846 August-1848 January.