- Birth Date
- 30 November 1825
- Death Date
- 26 September 1912
Although not directly listed in the memorandum book, William (Hannah's husband) purchased enough food rations for nine people. According to New York passenger lists, the Smiths traveled from Liverpool to New York aboard the Colorado, arriving 28 July 1868.
Her birth date is confirmed by her Christening record in England. The 1900 Utah census shows her birth year as 1825, and her name is listed as "Rosanna Reynolds." The 1910 Utah census also shows her birth year as 1825, and she can be found under the name of "Rosguna Reynolds." Some other records incorrectly show her birth year as 1822 or 1826.
The family's travel to Utah is mentioned in her obituary, which can be found on the Find a Grave website under the name of "Hannah 'Rose Hannah' Hunting Smith" in Salt Lake City. Note that the year of her birth is incorrect on her gravestone.
Her travel to Utah is mentioned in her obituary and that of her daughter.
- Age at Departure: 42
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- “Captain D. D. McArthur memorandum book, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Death of Mrs. Reynolds," Deseret Evening News, 27 September 1912, 11.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Mrs. Emma Arnold, A Pioneer, Passes Away," The Herald-Republican, 1 December 1911, 10.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah Death Certificates.