- Birth Date
- 8 August 1844
- Death Date
- 7 April 1931
The Worthington family arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. Thompson company records show that Samuel's mother, Ruth, purchased 4 adult food rations for the overland journey, indicating that all three children continued with her to Utah.
- Age at Departure: 21
- 1861, England Census.
- 1870 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1900 Utah Census, Utah County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Deaths," Salt Lake Telegram, 14 April 1931, 17.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 369.
- "Rites of Ox-Team Pioneer Are Held," Deseret News, 14 April 1931, Sec. 2, p. 8.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah County, Utah Cemetery Index.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.