- Birth Date
- 2 August 1819
- Death Date
- 29 January 1880
Thomas Campbell traveled with his wife and children. The Campbell family emigrated from England by way of the ship American Congress in 1866. They continued their westward journey in 1868 with the Seeley Company.
The inscription on his gravestone shows his birth date as 7 June 1821, and his death date as 30 January 1880. FamilySearch shows the same death date, but his birth date as 2 August 1819. The 1841 England and Wales census shows his age as 40, which would make his birth year 1821. The 1870 Utah census shows his age as 42 years old, which would make his birth year about 1828. Further research is needed to confirm the exact date of his birth.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- 1841 England and Wales Census.
- 1861 Scotland Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Correspondence: William Seeley letter to George Q. Cannon," Deseret Evening News, 19 August 1868.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.