- Birth Date
- 3 January 1830
- Death Date
- 8 January 1918
Freeman Everton Tanner
His name is listed as "Freeman Ereston Tanner" on the Utah Death Certificate Index. The Find a Grave index shows his name as "Freeman Everton Tanner, but his gravestone just lists him as "Freeman E. Tanner. Some other sources list his middle name as "Eveston." Because of the confusion, we are just listing his name as "Freeman E. Tanner."
He initially came to Utah in 1848, and in 1856 he departed from San Bernardino, California to travel to Utah. In 1857 he was the Captain of a company that drove stock from San Bernardino, California on the California-Salt Lake road to Utah.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 27
- Company Captain
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave
- Keeler, James, Journals, 1850-1859; 1876-1890.
- Lyman, Edward Leo, Susan Ward Payne, and S. George Ellsworth, eds., No Place to Call Home: The 1807-1857 Life Writings of Caroline Barnes Crosby, Chronicler of Outlying Mormon Communities , 405.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.