- Birth Date
- 12 March 1818
- Death Date
- 14 March 1869
John Sargent traveled with his wife and 3 children. The Sargent family emigrated from England in 1868 by way of the ship John Bright. They then continued their westward journey as part of the William S. Seeley Company en route to Utah. His son, William, also traveled in the Seeley company with his wife and child.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Head of Household
- Andrew Jenson, "Sargent, William" and "Siddoway, Robert," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia, Volume 4 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 634.
- "Correspondence: William Seeley letter to George Q. Cannon," Deseret Evening News, 19 August 1868.
- Find a Grave
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Street, Alexander, Journals and reminiscences, 1895–1898 and 1903, fd. 2, vol. 2, 11p.