- Birth Date
- 30 May 1822
- Death Date
- 27 June 1899
John Skinner, his wife, and three sons emigrated from England in 1856 by way of the ship Columbia. They remained in New York until 1868 when they joined the William S. Seeley Company. He traveled to Utah with his wife and 9 children. The company he traveled with was noted in local church financial records.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Correspondence: William Seeley letter to George Q. Cannon," Deseret Evening News, 19 August 1868.
- Haddock, Edith Parker and Dorothy Hardy Matthews, History of Bear Lake Pioneers , 758-59.
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].